|Date of Birth||17 September 1950 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||71 Years|
|Birthplace||Vadnagar, Bombay State (Now, Gujarat), India|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|College/University||• Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
• University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification(s)||• SSC exam from Gujarat Board in 1967
• BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
• MA in Political Science from Gujarat University in 1983
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi), for more information about his caste, Click Here|
|Blood Group||A (+ve)|
|Address (permanent)||C-1, Someshwar Tenament, Ranip, Ahmedabad-382480, Gujarat|
|Address (official)||7, Lok Kalyan Marg (earlier called 7 Race Course Road), New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Controversies||• The biggest controversy in his career is the 2002 Gujarat Riots in which he has been criticized to mastermind it. However, on 11 December 2019, Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission gave clean chit to him in the 2002 Gujarat riots. The Gujarat Government tabled the final part of the Justice Nanavati-Mehta Commission report on the 2002 riots, in the Assembly on 11 December 2019. The report deals with post-Godhra violence in which more than 1,000 people were killed in the widespread communal riots across the State. The Commission has given clean chit to the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in post-Godhara riots. The Commission held that the riots were not organised and the State administration had taken all necessary measures to control the situation. The Hindu
• Teesta Setalvad held him responsible for the murder of her husband in the Gulbarg Society in 2002.
• He was also held responsible for the fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan.
• He has also been criticized regarding his marital status.
• The United States denied visa for his role in the Gujarat Riots.
• He was criticized for tapping the phone-calls of a girl (a student of architecture) in the Snoopgate scandal.
• In 2015, he was criticized for wearing a suit worth ₹10 Lakh with a monogram of his name- Narendra Modi.
• On 10 August 2018, the first time in the history of Indian Parliament, a portion of Prime Minister’s comment was deleted from the records of the Rajya Sabha. After the election of Harivansh Narayan Singh as the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in his speech congratulating Harivansh, PM Modi said the election was between “two Haris.” He went on to take a swipe at Mr. Hariprasad (opposition’s candidate), playing with his initials.
I am a dummy text.
|Full Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||Year 1968|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Wife/Spouse||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi|
|Parents||Father– Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi (died of Bone Cancer in 1989)
|Siblings||Brothers– Soma (75 Years)- Retired Officer of Health Department,
Amrut Modi (72)- A Lathe Machine Operator,
Prahlad (62)- Runs a Shop in Ahmedabad,
Pankaj (57)- Clerk in the Information Department in Gandhinagar
Sister– Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
|Salary (as the Prime Minister of India)||₹160,000/ Month + Other Allowances|
|Assets/Properties||Moveable (worth Rs 1.41 crore)
Bank Balance– Rs 4,143 in SBI’s Gandhinagar NSCH Branch
Immovable (worth Rs 1.1 crore)
A 3,531 sq ft plot in Sector-1, Gandhinagar worth Rs 1.1 crore (as in April 2019)
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 2.5 crore (as in April 2019)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• In 1985, he joined BJP.
• In 1988, BJP elected him Organizing Secretary of Party’s Gujarat Unit.
• In November 1995, he was elected National Secretary of BJP.
• In May 1998, he became the General Secretary of BJP.
• On 3 October 2001, he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the 1st time and retained the post till 2014.
• He was appointed to BJP Parliamentary Board on 31 March 2013.
• He won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a massive margin of 3,71,784 votes.
• On 26 May 2014, he was appointed the 14th Prime Minister of India.
• He won the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Varanasi Constituency by a margin of 4,79,505 votes; larger than the previous margin in the 2014 General Elections.
• On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the 15th Prime Minister of India.
|Awards, Honours||2007: Named the Best Chief Minister in a nationwide survey by India Today
2012: Appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of Time Magazine
2014: Awarded Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN news network; also, Forbes Magazine ranked him the 15th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
2015: Bloomberg Markets Magazine ranked him the 13th-Most-Influential Person in the World; also, named one of Time’s “30 Most Influential People on the Internet” as the second-most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook
2014 & 2016: Declared winner of the Time magazine reader’s poll for Person of the Year
2016: On 3rd April, honoured with Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud; the highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
2016: On 4th June, honoured with State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan; the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan
2014, 2015, and 2017: Named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World
2015, 2016, and 2018: Forbes Magazine ranked him the 9th-Most-Powerful Person in the World
• On 4 April, he was conferred with Zayed Medal, UAE’s highest civilian award, for giving “a big boost” to the bilateral relations between both the countries
• On 25 September, conferred the ‘Global Goalkeeper’ award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by his government.
|Politician(s)||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Leader(s)||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Song(s)||• “Jyoti Kalash Chhalke” from the film Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)
• “O Pawan Veg Se Udne Wale Ghode” from the film Jai Chitod (1961)
|Car Collection||He doesn’t have any car registered to his name.|